Thursday, September 23, 2010

Chocolate Crack




Yes that's right.
Crack.
It's not a typo.
It's crack.



Please tell me you've already made this.
Please tell me you've heard of this recipe from a million different sources.
And if you can't do that, please tell me you'll make it today.



Caramel:
1 cup of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla


crackers (I used about 2 full sleeves of saltine crackers)
chocolate chips (maybe around 1-2 cups?)
chopped nuts (1/2 cup?)








Preheat oven to 350°
Line a few cookie sheets with foil (I know this sounds wasteful, but unless you enjoy cleaning baked on sticky caramel off of your pans, do it). Arrange crackers on the sheets fitting as many as you can in a flat sheet without overlapping.


Melt butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Once it begins to boil, let it bubble for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add salt and vanilla. 
Pour the caramel over the crackers slowly, and use a spatula to evenly distribute it. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. (Caramel can burn easily so watch it carefully)


Once the pans are back out of the oven, sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let the chips sit for a few minutes until melted, and spread chocolate evenly over crackers. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and salt.


Once it's cooled completely (I usually put it in the fridge or freezer because I'm impatient) break the crack into pieces and store in an airtight container. Or just eat it all in one sitting.Pin It

3 comments:

  1. my mom used to make this for me as an after school snack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My room mate makes this all the time. We call it crack too. So good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. try it with graham crackers. RIdonkUlous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails