Saturday, September 25, 2010

Garlic & Fennel Burgers


I really can't take all the credit for this one.

The first time my husband made these burgers years ago, I was secretly weirded out and unsure of his "fennel in a burger" idea. I kept my skepticism to myself (or maybe I didn't...) and as soon as I took the first bite I was reminded that it's okay for me to blindly trust him with my taste buds. This man knows how to cook.



1/2 kg ground beef
3 garlic cloves minced
1 shallot chopped
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chipotle powder
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dried fennel
1 egg
4 crackers crushed
a hefty dose of salt & pepper




Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Form into patties and grill with homemade BBQ sauce

We topped ours with local cumin gouda, and served them on homemade tomato focaccia bread (which I will tell you all about another day).Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails