Monday, September 13, 2010

Strawberry Limeade



I know what you're going to say.
It's fall, and you're excited about it. You don't want any more light summery refreshing recipes.
I feel the same way too!


But when your husband comes home with a dozen zested limes*, you really have no choice but to make limeade.








I found a delicious lemonade recipe on Joy the Baker and (after making it several times this summer with lemons and strawberries) have adapted it to the recipe below:


3/4 cup sugar 
1 cup water


6 ounces of strawberries
1 tablespoon of sugar


1 cup of lime juice
4 cups of water



Heat in a saucepan the sugar and cup of water until dissolved. 
Puree the strawberries and the sugar.** Joy recommends adding water and then straining the mixture, which I don't bother with and have never found it to be too seedy, until today. So I ended up straining the whole batch of limeade, which actually felt easier and less messy than straining the berries alone.




Mix lime juice, water, syrup and about 2 tablespoons of strawberry syrup in a large pitcher. Chill and serve over ice. 
Maybe you could even put some booze in there..I wouldn't tell anyone...





*So why did he come home with so many zested limes?? His cafe is featuring a croissant this week that is filled with raspberries, white chocolate, chili, and.....LIME ZEST! 



**I actually had lots of the sauce left over and started putting it on my yogurt and granola for breakfast. Super yummy. Then I poured it over vanilla ice cream. Really super yummy.
Now I have four jars of pureed strawberry syrup in my freezer because I love it so much.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails