Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Goat Cheese Spinach Quiche


My husband insisted he hated eggs. When we met he was vegan so I had no right to try to change his mind...but once he started eating animals I felt it was my wifely duty to make him love like eggs. I remember the first time I told him I was going to make a quiche. The look of disgust on his face was laughable. 
"Just promise me you'll try one bite, that's all I ask". 
It's been over a year since that first bite, and I've lost track of how many times he's asked for quiche for dinner. 



This might not be a true classic quiche...but I don't care. It converted my quiche and egg hating husband so what else could I really ask for?


Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
I've made the recipe exactly as Deb from SK describes many many times and it's great. But I really like how the goat cheese adds a bit more tanginess (also its far more common in my fridge than cream cheese). And how can you go wrong adding bacon and fresh dill, I mean come on!




1 pie crust (sugar omitted)


6 ounces soft goat cheese
3 eggs
1/3 cup cream (or whole milk)
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 strips cooked, chopped bacon
2 cups chopped spinach
4 or 5 green onions
3 tablespoons fresh dill
salt and lots of pepper


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Cream the goat cheese with a wooden spoon until softened and creamy. Add milk little by little stir to blend evenly. Add eggs and combine.
Add spinach, onions, bacon and 1/2 of the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.


Roll out your pie crust, place in pie dish and fill with egg mixture. Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese on top.
Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and knife comes out clean.


For those of you who haven't made a quiche before, what are you waiting for? They're great for just about any meal of the day (add a salad next to it and you've got dinner!) and they reheat wonderfully. Plus you can impress your co-workers when you bring the leftovers to work for lunch.Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Delicious! I am definitely making this for dinner this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails