Saturday, February 26, 2011

Artichoke Pizza



Can I share a secret with you?
I sort of have this dream...a dream to own my own pizzeria. Dartmouth needs a good high end pizza joint don't ya think?
Anyway silly daydreams aside, this pizza blew my mind a little.
It wasn't exactly the simple romanesque pizza I had in mind a few weeks ago, but good golly it was delicious.


I started with my favourite pizza dough, smoothed out a good dollop of my favourite pizza base: lemony goat cheese (with added garlic). Then topped it with artichoke hearts, thinly sliced red onion, chopped cooked bacon*, lots and lots of fresh ground pepper, and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

*I must tell you that I made this again but used proscuitto instead of the cooked bacon. While it looked beautiful it just didn't cut it. Bacon wins again!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. YUM! My student and I enjoyed the other one with the lemony goat cheese base and pesto-red pepper topping...thanks! Gotta try this one.

    I found nice thick sliced bacon at the S.S. in a pkg. of 2 lbs for $10; split it up and froze it...ready for pizzas and etc.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails