Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hummus


Yesterday afternoon I felt a little defeated. I was tired, my back hurt, the kitchen was a mess, and I felt like I had nothing to blog about. I actually made lots of things yesterday (like this apple cake, lots of chocolates, and of course this hummus) but I just couldn't muster the energy to write.
Today however the kitchen is clean, I'm going to a much needed yoga class tonight, and right now I'm trying to do my body some good with this hummus. I love it most with carrots and cucumbers, or spread liberally on homemade crackers and topped with sprouts. Hopefully it'll balance out all the excessive amounts of chocolate, beer and wine that I've been consuming lately...




The following measurements are approximate:

3 cups cooked chickpeas
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons tahini
juice of 2 lemons
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more olive oil if it feels too dry or chalky. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails