Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wool Skirt


Making this skirt sort of felt like cheating. 

It all started a few months ago when my dear mother brought me a huge box of yarn that she wanted to get rid of that probably hadn't been opened in a decade or so. Buried beneath the giant spools of yarn were bags of random bits of old sewing projects and fabric scraps. I sorted through it all and stashed any useable fabric in the shelves of my craft nook.
Of course I forgot about it and the scraps got lost under piles of fabric I was currently using. Finally last week I re-organized my craft nook and found the most pleasant little fabric scrap treasure: pieces of wool tweed that weren't scraps at all, it was a complete skirt that had just been taken apart!
I took a few inches off the length, added a zipper, sewed it all back together again (with much trying on, taking in, trying on, taking in), and now I have a cute new wintery skirt.



Pin It

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails