Monday, March 21, 2011

Baked Oatmeal with Apples & Pecans


As I type this all I can think of is sleep. It's 10:13am, I've been awake for just under 2 hours and yet I'm still tired. I think I'm getting sick.
This is oatmeal is hearty, filling, delicious and easy to throw together. 
I wish I had the energy to write more about this but the couch is calling me...



1 cup of oatmeal
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of each nutmeg, cloves, and cardamom
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon maple syrup*
1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
1 large apple diced
1 cup milk
2/3 cup apple cider or juice
handfull of two of pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl combine all ingredients but the nuts. 
Lightly grease a casserole dish with butter.
Pour oatmeal mixture into dish and top with nuts. 
Bake for about 30 minutes, top with yogurt or milk.

*Next time I think I'll add an extra tablespoon of maple syrup as it could have been sweeter. I will also try adding some raisins and maybe some sunflower seeds.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails