Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Breakfast Burrito with Chorizo

This is the start to my day that I needed. 

The start to my day that I actually got was slipping on a patch of ice right outside my door on my way to get my morning coffee. Good thing a chorizo and avocado filled burrito heals all wounds. 



Adapted from Bon Appetit
reduced to two servings


1 chorizo sausage
1 chopped green onion
2 tortillas (mine were about 6 inches in diameter)
2 eggs
2 tablespoons grated mild cheese
handful cilantro coarsely chopped
1/2 an avocado sliced
2 tablespoons salsa

Chop sausage into bite size pieces and cook over medium heat. Add onions sautee for 1 minute and remove from heat. Drain sausage and onions on paper towel.
Heat up cast iron skillet over medium-low heat for tortillas, and roll out tortillas on a lightly floured surface. Meanwhile beat eggs with a splash of milk in a small bowl.
When cast iron skillet is hot begin cooking tortillas. In another small frying pan scramble the eggs.
As the tortillas come off the heat top them with cheese, avocado, salsa, cilantro and sausage. Once eggs are done divide among the tortillas. Gently fold up the bottom and then sides of the tortilla.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails