Monday, March 7, 2011

Long and Narrow Patchwork Quilt


This quilt has taken me far too long to complete.
You see quilts are just so...BIG, that after that initial excitement of creating something new dies you're just left with the daunting task of spending hours (and months) finishing it. Am I the only one who would rather push it aside and pick up something fresh and fun, something that can be made and enjoyed so much quicker?



Well this past month I have really tried to make an effort to finally finish it. A few days ago I picked up my 3/4 finished quilt, started sewing and was immediately filled with this wonderful joy of knowing that this was the homestretch! Months of procrastinating sprinkled with occasional spurts of work has paid off!
The funniest part of finishing this quilt is how it's almost as if my memory of the last few months of wishing the damn quilt would finish itself have been erased, and now I can't wait to start another one.


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Yea! looks good! where's it going to be of service?

    ReplyDelete
  2. on my lap, on a beach, on the grass topped with picnicy items.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails