Friday, May 20, 2011

Repurposed Tote Bag


Today I stopped by the post office to pick up a few books that I had ordered from Amazon.ca. I was surprised to see that they were packed in this odd woven plastic bag (as well as a cardboard box inside a bubble mailer; apparently Brits take their post pretty seriously). I didn't think too much of the weird packaging until I got home, unwrapped it and laid it out flat on the floor and saw the print of a crown and the words "Royal Mail".
As a lover of snail mail I just knew I had to do something with this amazing little find. Although I think that woven plastic as a medium could a bit limiting, it seemed quite suited to be made into a tote bag. A little floral lining to add visual softness and warmth, and some simple black straps made from scraps of an old dress. Et voila! 

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. i am curious to know what books you bought!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought two books about fine chocolates by Jean Pierre Wybauw

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails