Thursday, June 16, 2011

Kale Chips


I really wasn't sure what to expect these to taste like. I knew they probably wouldn't actually be very chip-like but other than that I had no idea. 
They look a lot like dried leaves...and sort of taste that way too, but in a good way.
I think it's safe to say that kale chips are one of those foods that is mainly a vehicle for salt. Which I'm totally okay with. 

I can definitely see myself munching on these with a beer or wine while watching a movie with the hubby instead of some other uber unhealthy snack we might usually steer towards. 
Also they were incredibly easy and quick to make which is not what most homemade chips can say for themselves.
Apparently they're delicious crushed up and sprinkled on popcorn. Totally gonna try it!

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Remove stems from kale leaves and discard. Tear leaves into smaller (chip size) pieces and arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with oil (I did some olive oil and some with sesame oil) and toss. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and bake for about 12-15 minutes.Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails