Sunday, September 25, 2011

Blue Cheese Caesar Salad


So...I'm kind of on a blue cheese kick lately. Mostly because I have way too much of it in my fridge so I can't help but find ways to sneak it into everyday life. This has to be one of my favourite examples of such sneaking. If you don't (think you) like blue cheese but want to learn to love it, I really suggest making this salad. You can easily put less blue cheese in if you're really freaked out, but I say just go for it!



1/4 cup yogurt
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 clove garlic, minced or grated
3-4 tablespoons of blue cheese, crumbled (I used That Dutchman's Dragons Breath)
1/2 teaspoon capers, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
lots of fresh cracked pepper


In mason jar combine all of the above ingredients and shake well (or you could use a food processor or blender to make it smoother).
In a large bowl add some ripped up romaine lettuce, cooked and chopped bacon, croutons, and some shaved parmesan (or in my case extra old gouda). Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails