Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Decoupaged Serving Tray


We love to entertain outdoors whenever the weather co-operates and this tray is going to be just perfect for toting all of our edible (and drinkable) creations out to our guests. When my mother found this beautiful old serving tray in an antique store she knew that my husband and I could put it to good use and gave it to us as a birthday gift. However it needed a major facelift, but again she knew that would be right up my alley. Thanks Mum!



The tray had a glass top that I tried and tried to remove so I could merely replace the paper underneath. But that just wasn't working and I wasn't prepared to take apart the whole frame just to do so. Which brought me to the decision to just decoupage over the glass.
This amazing paper (a reproduction of what seems like an old catalog or magazine selling bicycles) came from a very generous and thoughtful Swap-bot member. I've always loved it but have never known what to do with it until today. I didn't have any mod podge on hand so I used gesso instead (inspired by my dear friend Lindsay who makes the most beautiful mail art).
I'm quite pleased with the end result and can't wait to put it to use. 


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Aren't moms the best? Love what you did with this. Such a pretty and original serving piece!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails